Our services include:
Examples of recent projects include:
- quantifying multi-value project benefits for an offshore wind mesh transmission grid proposal before the New Jerey Bureau of Public Utilities
- Testifying before the North Carolina Utilities Commission to show that coal plants Duke asserted were reliability must-run, in fact did not always run, suggesting the ancillary services they provided could be served with batteries.
- assisting a onshore wind developer on expanding a wind farm showing no adverse financial impact from transmission constraints;
- advising the US Department of Defense on smart grid resulting in a Phase II award for contractor;
- intervention to regulatory bodies such as FERC on renewable energy economics and demand response leading to expert witness testimony to DC Court of Appeals and US Supreme Court;
- strategies for energy storage use and economics resulting in cost reductions for energy storage.
Further details on projects are here:
Microgrids and Energy Storage where CPG Advisors performed modeling work